INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to rip as single audio file?  (Read 1616 times)

DOLOMITE73

• Recent member
How to rip as single audio file?
« on: July 31, 2016, 06:13:38 pm »

Hi,

I have a few CD's that, when played on a CD player, play as a single track but have had the track split and identified in sections. I want to rip it so it plays as a single file.  An example is Tubular Bells II - effectively 2 sides of continous music, but when ripped you get individual tracks. I'm guessing DJ Mix CD's are the same. So how do I get it to rip as a single track?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to rip as single audio file?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 06:22:52 pm »

First, it's more flexible to rip it as individual files.  You can play the whole thing, with no gaps in between, just by telling MC to play the whole album and making sure that gapless playback is selected in the audio options:  Tools > Options > Audio > Track Change > use gapless for sequential album tracks > (checked)

But, if you insist on one file and are sure you'll never want to play the tracks individually, I *think* you can tell MC to rip the whole disk as one track.  I've never tried this as it doesn't appeal to me.  You'd need to test it to be sure:

Tools > Options > CD & DVD > File Management > Rip to a single file with cue > (checked)

Brian.

DOLOMITE73

• Recent member
Re: How to rip as single audio file?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 07:05:52 pm »

Suggestion : Tools > Options > CD & DVD > File Management > Rip to a single file with cue > (checked)

Worked a treat - thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up