INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfering files from an external USB drive to the internal HD of the Id  (Read 3265 times)

czrtly

• Recent member

Is it possible to open a file manager window in the Id or even a command line to copy from an external USB to the internal Id unit without the intervention of the network? My network is painfully slow, transmitting 700 GB at 215 kbps is painfully slow..! even if cp -R could be used I think it could be faster..
best regards,

Antonio Rivas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I'm not sure it will work on Linux yet, but MC has the ability to move files after they have been imported.  It's under the Tools Menu.  Rename, Move, Copy is the tool.

You could also just leave the files on a USB drive and tell MC to mount it.  That's in the text menu.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I've had positive experience of doing this along the line's of Jim's suggestion.

The general principle applied was:
1st - From the Id, I mounted a network directory / folder location
2nd - Within the Id, I then select the relevant files and F6 / copied them to the Id's local drive

If I get time, I'll double check the steps but if memory serves correctly it wasn't difficult to make work.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

dbeipi

• Recent member

Here is how I did it:
Copy entire music library from Surface laptop to USB Expansion Drive (1770 files, 209 folders, includes album cover pdf’s or jpg’s). Plug USB Expansion Drive into Id. Import /Music/ from Expansion  Drive to Main Library on Id. Select Files, click in file window, CTRL-A to select all files. Select Tools > Library Tools > Rename, Move, & Copy Files, select Copy and Update Database to Point to New Location. Check Directories, browse to /home/media/Music/ournas. Click OK. Id HDD lamp blinks, USB Expansion Drive lamp blinks, and in 45 minutes 1554 files are in /ournas. Music plays with USB Expansion Drive unplugged. It worked. I don't recall if I mounted the USB HDD from the text menu first before selecting Import.

I have not been able to connect the Id HDD to the laptop.

Setup: Microsoft Surface Pro3, Windows 10, JRiver MC:21.0.83, Media network and DLNA enabled. JRiver Id 201, Id:20.0.100, MC:20.0.195, Media network and DLNA enabled.
Pages: [1]   Go Up