INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem in Search in JRemote  (Read 2296 times)

smazumder

Problem in Search in JRemote
« on: August 02, 2016, 06:25:44 pm »

In MC if ones does search for a particular category, all files having data/meta data matching the search criteria are returned grouped by the category. For example if I do search in Artist Category for a search string "Eagles" all tracks having track name, or artist or album artist or composer as "Eagles" are retuned grouped by Artist.

However, in JRemote if I do the similar search in Artist category only the tracks having Artist name matching the search criteria are returned grouped by Artist.

Why JRemote cannot follow the same logic as in MC ? That is the most intuitive expectation of results in case of search.

Also is there any other way one can achieve the similar results in JRemote ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sourav

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem in Search in JRemote
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 07:05:58 pm »

Yeah, that's a little weird isn't it?

I don't use JRemote, but I've played with it several times.  I recall that there are two places to search.  One that's inside each category.  Then another "global search" that's outside all of the categories.  I think it's in the side bar, under the icons for audio, video, etc.  Go out as far as you can and it should be in the side bar.  That search is relatively global and should be closer to what you want.

Brian.

smazumder

Re: Problem in Search in JRemote
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 07:25:17 pm »

Yeah, that's a little weird isn't it?

I don't use JRemote, but I've played with it several times.  I recall that there are two places to search.  One that's inside each category.  Then another "global search" that's outside all of the categories.  I think it's in the side bar, under the icons for audio, video, etc.  Go out as far as you can and it should be in the side bar.  That search is relatively global and should be closer to what you want.

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your inputs.

Yes I'm aware of the Global search. But it has issues too.
In IOS it categorizes the result in multiple groups like artist, album, album artist etc. And it is very difficult from that result to select all the songs to play.

In Android it even doe snot show the results from Album artist or composer. Only restricts the result to Artist, Album and Track Names.

What would be best to have a behavior similar to the Search in MC which is very intuitive and useful.

Regards,
Sourav
Pages: [1]   Go Up