INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 22 problems Syncing to Android  (Read 8040 times)

knasil

• Recent member
MC 22 problems Syncing to Android
« on: August 03, 2016, 01:53:27 pm »

Hi,

I've had several android devices and syncing them to MC has always been a bit tricky. However I installed the latest version (MC 22) thinking that these problems might now be solved but no... they are still there.

My particular problem is this: I have a Sony Experia Z5 device running Android 6. It took me a while to get MC to recognize the device and transfer my .mp3 files using a playlist (had to delete everything in the phone and transfer them from scratch). Now, when I want to add more files to the playlist it just writes the word "error" (not a very informative statement) in the status column when I try to sync them.

Please help me out here because I am very frustrated and now I just want to give up on MC. I've found out that I am using Spotify more and more because I don't have such problems and I don't need to spend two hours every time I want to copy stuff to my phone.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 22 problems Syncing to Android
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:46:26 pm »

I've had the best luck with Android using two methods:

1.  Use an external SD card in a card reader.  Sync MC to the card, then put the card in the phone.  I *do* understand that most people aren't going to use an external card and many phones don't have an SD slot.  I'm just mentioning it for completeness.

2.  Make an MC Handheld definition that syncs to a folder on your local hard drive.  Run your sync.  Then, plug in your android device and use Android File Transfer to copy the contents of this folder to your android.  Works really well, is very reliable and repeatable.

Brian.

franswilco

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 07:04:26 pm »

Thank you for these tips. Apparently, syncing music and playlists reliably to a darn phone still requires a PHD in software development. It just doesn't work reliably. I get errors when transferring and the playlists are never copied correctly (0KB on disk after the sync).

DrRob

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 10:12:02 am »

I am also having problems with synching my FiiO X5 with MC22. Some playlists work fine others say that file can't be found even though the file is clearly on the device.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 01:45:22 pm »

2.  Make an MC Handheld definition that syncs to a folder on your local hard drive.  Run your sync.  Then, plug in your android device and use Android File Transfer to copy the contents of this folder to your android.  Works really well, is very reliable and repeatable.

By Android File Transfer do you just mean copy and paste the synced folder to the device in Windows Explorer or is this some kind of utility that automates this? 

It is a pity that the direct sync to Android is so problematic. My experience was that MC got "confused" by adding an incorrect file to a synced playlist and thought some files were not synced when indeed they had been.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

biggsy

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 02:34:57 pm »

+1 from me too.  The main reason I bought MC is so I can sync stuff to my DAP (an A&K device which is running Android).

After leaving it running for over 5 hours syncing about 100GB on a newly formatted SD card, I come to check the sync tonight and MC is either showing 'In Queue' for tracks already on the device, or 'On Device' for others but showing two tracks for every one physically present.

On top of all this it announces "Last Sync: Never Synced" yet is has copied two XML files onto the root of the SD card that clearly holds sync information.

Frankly having to faff about removing the SD card to an external reader or to a folder on a hard drive that then needs to be copied is unacceptable.

SiGuy

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 02:55:40 pm »

Bump.  +1 on this topic for me too.  Since the last update was some time ago, here's a summary:

* Sync Handheld to uSD card in an Android device produces "Error" in the status field
* Files with "Error" status are not transferred to the device
* Handheld is writable via Windows Explorer
* Log file shows: 
        Handheld: CWMDMSupport::SafeInsert: Insert3(...) hr: -2144731134, (0x802a0002)
        Handheld: CWMDMSupport::SafeInsert: Insert3 failed, ...
        Handheld: CWMDMSupport::SafeInsert: Finish (15 ms)
        Handheld: CWMDMSupport::UploadFile: Finish (15 ms)
        Handheld: CWMDMSupport::Upload: Transfer error 0: ...
        Handheld: CWMDMSupport::Upload: Finish (15 ms)
   for all of the failed files
* Removing the memory card from the Android Device, mounting it directly to a PC, & then letting MC sync to the storage produces far fewer of these "Errors," but they do sometimes still occur for a small number of files

For me, this used to be a relatively small problem.  Now, using MC22.0.108, this is a 100% problem.  I can't try MC23 as I've converted to x64 there & handheld sync is not available yet.  This makes MC22 my only solution. 

Any help is appreciated.

rn701

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 01:46:25 pm »

The problem I have is that I always get the message "You have attempted to transfer 24.0 GB more media than can fit on your device."

I am converting FLAC to MP3 during the sync. It appears that MC is not taking the file size reduction into account?

I have tried removing all files from the handheld (Moto Z2 Force, and Moto Z before that and Moto Razr before that, all the same problem) and it still does not work.

The files in MP3 format absolutely fit on the SD card with about 14GB left over.

I have never really been able to use this feature. I end up exporting/converting to a folder and manually copying the files.

Louis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • It only looks like an optical illusion
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 04:44:43 pm »

+1 I experience all those problems too, it was many MC and Android versions ago since syncing to a handheld worked

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 07:29:55 pm »

Handheld Sync now detects Android devices correctly in the 64bit version MC24. I haven't checked the 32bit version again, but I assume the fixes applied to the 64bit version have been included in the 32bit version. It is the same code base after all.

With MC24.0.15 I am able to sync and resync to my Sony Xperia XZ Premium using playlists or file drag and drop. Files are added and deleted as required. Playlists are added to the Xperia, although it still uses the PLA playlist format, which is a bit weird, and Playlist PLA file gets moved out of the Playlists directory after it has been loaded into Android. The Recheck Sync function works correctly, as do all settings.

The "Error" problem seems to be fixed, but you may see some of the issues mentioned above still, such as the available space issue. If so, report it and get some attention on the issue. Probably best to start a new thread in the MC24 forum though, so we all know which version you are running and that you aren't reporting known issues with earlier versions of MC.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

SinZin

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 07:44:32 pm »

hello, my problems seems to be difficult cause after finishing my playlists on jriver mc22 there should be 1280 titels, but after synchronizing them there are onoly 878 on my fiio x3 (or fiio x1 or fiio x5 in different variations like mark 1, mark 2 or mark 3) whats the problem??? to listen the music on my computer is working perfect, each titel is playing well on my computer. . but the titels are on the fiio player in storage, but they are not available ( music device is not found>). please tell me whats wrong in my system?

by the way - on my ak 100 mk 2 there is no possibility to synchronize playlists on the player. the music (the files) are on the ak, but the playlists are not solved. why?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 02:34:12 am »

Are some of the files not supported by your player?

SinZin

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 02:39:10 am »

hello jimh, no, all are mp3 320kbit or wav.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 02:41:59 am »

In the handheld options for the device, check the supported format list.  WAV may not be on it.  You can add it.

SinZin

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 05:21:33 am »

thanks, but the fiio's play wav. its ridiculous, cause the fiio (i use x1, x3, x5) plays wav, but the problem are some mp3 files that the fiio dont find (this file is not found) but the file is on the handheld player, is a 320kbit mp3 version like the original file on my computer. i use mc22 .0.108
i syncro my playlists, in this case there is one playlist (My Best) with 1648 titels, but on the fiio handheld the playlist is there, but only ~1200 songs are in the playlist. and so by the others, always missing 30% of the songs in my playlists. i use m3u and m3u8 as standard for my playlists.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 07:08:13 am »

Please do what I suggested.

SinZin

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 02:49:31 am »

done, and it works well with wav. some (30%) mp3 320kbit are not working on the fiio x3 after syncronize them via jriver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up