INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Password Protection  (Read 2014 times)

Schmackie

Password Protection
« on: August 03, 2016, 02:53:46 pm »

I use JRiver as the automation program for the radio station that I manage.  I'd like to be able to control what goes on the Master Playlist without having to worry about the various DJs altering it. Is there an option for password protection?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Password Protection
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 06:10:11 pm »

Are the DJs using MC through the regular computer interface?  If so, you can engage Party Mode:  View > Party Mode.

This makes everything read only.  Playlists can't be changed.  Metadata can't be changed.  I'm not sure if play counts and last played date are updated, but I'd suspect that they are.  Essentially, in Party Mode, everything can be played, but nothing can be changed or deleted.  Like you'd want at a party!  With a bunch of DJs.  :P

Party Mode is password protected.  There *is* a back door to get you back in, and any sufficiently motivated DJ could "crack it" by looking this up.  It's not perfect, but it's pretty good.

Good luck.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Password Protection
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 01:02:04 am »

I removed the poll you started.  Use "New Topic" in the upper right corner of the index page to start a new thread/topic..
Pages: [1]   Go Up