INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback takes a long time to start when....  (Read 1973 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Playback takes a long time to start when....
« on: August 05, 2016, 08:01:36 am »

This is an unusual one that I haven't totally characterized just yet.  When it happens, it takes 20 to 60 seconds before playback starts after pressing play.  Here's how I'm certain it happens:

1.  Select a playlists from Car Radio buttons.  Playback begins.
2.  Open a remote (I use EOS) and change the volume.
3.  Playlist ends normally after all songs are over.
4.  Wait a long time.  At least one hour.
5.  Select a song in the playlist from the Remote. Or press play, or stop, or pause on the Remote.  Now playback will take a much longer than normal time to start.

I think this is probably remote (JRemote type remote) related.  I just tried this whole thing, except in (5) I pressed play on the computer.   It worked normally.

I've also experienced several crashes of MC when simply connecting from the remote software.  This are infrequent, but I don't remember them EVER happening with MC21.

I know this one is odd.  If there is anything I can try or questions I can answer, I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Playback takes a long time to start when....
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 08:05:24 am »

Couldn't it just be that your drive has spun down after an hour so it needs to spin up again?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

blgentry

Re: Playback takes a long time to start when....
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 10:11:27 pm »

^ I don't think so.  These files are on the internal drive.  I used to do this same procedure with MC21 very often and never had a pause of longer than a couple of seconds.  The long pauses only started happening with MC22.  Maybe there's something else going on.  Not sure.  My MC22 is unlicensed (trial mode) but I don't think that should have anything to do with it.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up