INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting JRiver to properly display 4K output to 4K TV  (Read 2714 times)

scgt1

• Junior Woodchuck
Setting JRiver to properly display 4K output to 4K TV
« on: August 06, 2016, 08:52:06 am »

So I upgraded my computer recently and I'm able to output 4K (4096x2160p). I have that set in the Intel Display properties along with Maintain aspect ratio.
While in the living room on the 4K tv viewing jriver. The sides get chopped off. :-( Let me tell you the font is tiny as heck also lol. I'm assuming that is the downside of viewing in 4k? If so they I'm just wasting my time because it's really WAY too small to go through across the room. Forget the fact the time, cover icons on both sides are chopped in half, episode lists for shows don't even show the episode number because of the chopping. If the font size can't be increased then it's pointless to worry about the output of JRiver resolution to my 4K tv and receiver.

They do both upconvert and are set to but the picture does look much crisper being sent as a 4k resolution vs the default 1920x1080 that I've had displaying on the TV. With that being said I guess they haven't been upcoverting anything if the font size and icon size has been as big as it has been for the past year or so. Again the receiver and tv are both set to upcovert automatically but I really don't think they have been since the icon sizing and font size hasn't looked any different then when I display theater view on my 27"
1920x1080 monitor in the office.

It's only now that I set the output for the living room tv to be 4096x2160 that I have seen any change in the picture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up