INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MediaCenter won't load anymore on my Mac  (Read 4052 times)

AlexW

MediaCenter won't load anymore on my Mac
« on: August 06, 2016, 06:21:23 pm »

I did download the latest version.  When I click on the icon now, nothing happens.  Please help!  Thank you.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MediaCenter won't load anymore on my Mac
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 06:34:10 pm »

It sounds like maybe you haven't installed MC yet.  Open the DMG that you downloaded.  Drag the MC22 icon from inside there to the Applications folder.  Then run MC22 from Applications.

Brian.

AlexW

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 06:53:25 pm »

Hi Brian.  I did what you suggested and optimistically watched the little icon bounce up and down on my Mac.  It did that for about 30 secs.  Then stopped bouncing.  Nothing happened. 

yev274

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 05:03:04 pm »

Same situation on my mac. Downloaded, installed, copied to the application folder. The MC22 is bouncing for 30 seconds and nothing happens.
Please help

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 06:15:17 pm »

What version of OS X are you guys running?  I'm running 10.9.5 here and it all works as expected.

If you're running at least 10.7, I'm told it should work, though I can't verify that.

I'm not sure what to suggest next, other than removing MC from the dock, the applications folder, and your downloads folder.  Then download it again and try to install from scratch.  I haven't seen this behavior before.

Brian.

yev274

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 12:48:41 pm »

OS X is 10.8.5.
Old MC (21) deleted from the dock, app folder. New MC22 is freshly downloaded and installed (after the new start of the system, previous MC22 was deleted from the dock, app folder and download folder).
Same behavior. The icon jumps for 60 seconds and the application stays in the running application list, but otherwise nothing happens. Is there any error log or similar?

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 01:04:38 pm »

I'm out of my depth on this one.  Hopefully someone else will know what to do.

Brian.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 01:38:13 pm »

OS X is 10.8.5.
Old MC (21) deleted from the dock, app folder. New MC22 is freshly downloaded and installed (after the new start of the system, previous MC22 was deleted from the dock, app folder and download folder).
Same behavior. The icon jumps for 60 seconds and the application stays in the running application list, but otherwise nothing happens. Is there any error log or similar?

There would be an error log if you could turn logging on. However since you haven't gotten into it yet you can't turn on the logging.
As an alternative,
A bit compilcated but you could try opening MC from a terminal window (under utilities).
Then cd to where MC lives:
cd /Applications/Media\ Center\ 22.app/Contents/MacOS
then
./Media\ Center\ 22

It will spit out a bunch of meaning less warnings with some possibly useful information at the end.

yev274

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 12:42:54 pm »

Thanks a lot bob for the hint.
I was able to start the MC22 via terminal window. After showing a bunch of warnings the MC started and seems to work properly.
However, when I tried to start again via App folder, the icon is bouncing for 30-60 sec and nothing happens.

The terminal log is attached.

Furthermore, after starting the MC there is a crash report in the console log - also attached.

Any idea or help is highly appreciated - how can I switch on the logging in the MC?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 01:09:38 pm »

Thanks a lot bob for the hint.
I was able to start the MC22 via terminal window. After showing a bunch of warnings the MC started and seems to work properly.
However, when I tried to start again via App folder, the icon is bouncing for 30-60 sec and nothing happens.

The terminal log is attached.

Furthermore, after starting the MC there is a crash report in the console log - also attached.

Any idea or help is highly appreciated - how can I switch on the logging in the MC?
When you start MC from the terminal window you can enable logging under Help->Logging

You might also try turning off auto-import when running from the terminal window and see if that make any difference as well.
Options->Libraries and Folders->Auto-Import
Pages: [1]   Go Up