INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't add streaming radio  (Read 2869 times)

PAR57

• Recent member
Can't add streaming radio
« on: August 07, 2016, 05:35:31 am »

I am unable to add radio stations to My Connected Media.

I go to : File/Open URL/paste URL/Check Show Web Media Options/OK/Check Add Stream to Web media/OK;  Open Connected Media, open My Connected Media and no media is shown in any option selected ( All, Streams etc)

I have noticed when reviewing my actions that when I reopen "Open URL" the URL is there but the Show Web Media Options box has unchecked itself.

Any advice?

greynolds

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't add streaming radio
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 09:21:12 am »

I don't have any advice, but I'm having the same problem.

Here's a sample URL, which Google Chrome's devtool window indicates is a flv stream:

http://14233.live.streamtheworld.com/WBQTHD2AAC?streamtheworld_user=1&uuid=167D9900%2D0000%2D0001%2D5839%2D12E08E011B94&nobuf=1473945966400

When I go to File/Open URL/paste URL/Check Show Web Media Options/OK/Check Add Stream to Web media/OK using this URL, nothing seems to happen.  Like PAR57, it doesn't show up in My Connected Media.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I'm also finding that the Tools/Options/Tree & View/Web Browser/Engine setting seems to be getting ignored.  I just reset it to Chromium and restarted MC, but it still opens the URL in IE if I just have the "Play Stream" checkbox checked in the Web Media Options when I open the URL.

greynolds

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 12:56:42 pm »

It turns out that I had the wrong URL.  After some more digging and experimentation, I found a URL that works:

http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/WBQTHD2AAC.pls

greynolds

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 08:17:52 pm »

@PAR57, could you post a few sample links that you're having problems with?  Also, give the link I posted in my previous response a try and see if that works.  I found that stations that are available through the streamtheworld service seem to work fine in JRiver.

On the other hand, I've had no luck getting iHeart stations to work; here are a couple of sample iHeart links that don't work:

http://wgir-fm.akacast.akamaistream.net/7/453/19955/v1/auth.akacast.akamaistream.net/wgir-fm
http://wxks-fm.akacast.akamaistream.net/7/844/19917/v1/auth.akacast.akamaistream.net/wxks-fm

They do get added to the My Connected Media list, but the radio station doesn't actually play.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 12:44:14 am »

Your first link works for me, and is also added to my connected media. I don't know what else to say. I didn't have to fight with it, just used the 'open url' option.

greynolds

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 09:15:28 am »

Your first link works for me, and is also added to my connected media. I don't know what else to say. I didn't have to fight with it, just used the 'open url' option.
I just took another look at it.  The iHeart streams will play fine on the PC itself, but won't play for me via DLNA while the streamtheworld streams play fine both ways.  The way I've been testing these, it's difficult to get audio from the PC itself, so I've been testing the streams going to an external DAC used as a DLNA renderer with a couple of different apps on my iPhone, including JRemote.

In JRiver's playing now section, if I select anything other than the local audio output (HDMI, in this case), and then start playing one of the iHeart stations, it will try to play it then skip to the next station in the list and play that instead.  This includes selecting my Denon AVR-4520, Oppo BDP-103, Oppo BDP-105D, and something else that I can't discuss yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up