INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import failures  (Read 3204 times)

Three

• Recent member
Import failures
« on: August 07, 2016, 08:53:03 pm »

Import doesn't seem import all files. I have a folder with 177 mp3 and m4a files in it. I even counted them by hand. I empty my library and do a clean import. MC21 imports 174 of the 177 files, but MC22 only imports 170 of the files. If I drag and drop one of the files that failed to import, it plays fine. I also found that If I empty my library and manually drag the 177 files into MC, they are all there. All 177 of them. However, MC21 reports in the import summary that 174 files were imported and MC22 reports that only 170 files were imported. Huh? I see the files that didn't import in both MC21 and MC22, but apparently the library doesn't think that they are there. What might be locking them out of the library?

This is in 22.0.13

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Import failures
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 09:02:10 pm »

Have you done a full library clear (File > Library > Clear Library)?  Or built a brand new library to test in?  Because just deleting the files leaves things behind that *might* stop MC from importing some files.

It might be smart to turn on logging before you try an import again.  I'd do a full library clear, enable logging, import the directory, then "submit log" to create a zip file.  Then you, or people here, can read the log and see what's going on.

Brian.

Three

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 10:15:49 pm »

That was the answer. I created a new library, then all the files were imported. Thank you!

Doug

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 03:12:50 pm »

Because just deleting the files leaves things behind that *might* stop MC from importing some files.

I never had problems importing files to MC but would like to understand what kind of things left behind might stop MC from importing files.

Thanks!
Grundgütiger

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 04:43:27 pm »

^ MC keeps track of deleted files.  You can't normally see this, but if you select "deleted" as the database type (in a smartlist or view), it will show you your deleted tracks.  It also keeps track of files you've ripped from CD separately from the actual rips (the CD entries).  There might be other things too, but I think the deleted files database is probably the big one that might make this happen.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up