INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 21.0.90: Bug - Ratings values not updated if file changes in network location  (Read 1803 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

While I realize v21 is now concluded - I have found a major problem in v21 that is occurring within the library import mechanism (media server) in MC 21.0.90:

See the screencaps and detail in this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=106403.0

UPDATE: With more testing - I have discovered that MC does in fact update the library correctly - but only when the ratings value is increased.

Example - If I move the ratings stars on a track (using my standalone "non client" instance of MC) from 2 to 4 - and watch the tags be written to the file on the network - then do a manual "auto-import" over on the HTPC - the change in ratings is picked up correctly on that song.

However - if I reduce the ratings on the same track on my standalone version of MC - from 4 to No Stars - then do a manual "auto-import" over on the HTPC - the Vorbis information on that file - is in fact correct. The detailed Vorbis info has no mention of any ratings values.

But in the "view" within MC - the ratings stars for that track - REMAIN at 4.

Clearly there is a issue here - either with MC not translating the Vorbis data back to the view correctly - or something else is going on.

VP

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

I've already talked to you by PM but for the benefit of everyone else, this should be fixed in a coming build of MC 22.

Thanks for the report.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up