INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 21 import errors  (Read 1709 times)

Zipkat

MC 21 import errors
« on: August 09, 2016, 04:59:50 pm »

I have a question, I have been working on pulling in my 4000+ piece record album collection. I am at about 2TB which is about 1500 LPs pulled at 192khz (some  96khz) 24 bit. My PC is (built by myself—I did this for a living for many years, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU 3.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, Win 10 64bit, and about 10 TB storage.  When I pull my music from the aforementioned music directory it errors on over half of them. All the music was previously processed into  MC21 (3 different times over the last year or two). The files it errors on do not show up in MC’s explorer )(the directories do). If I open the folded in question the files are there. I take the files, they don’t display the information applied by MC from previous residence in the program, and move them to a TEMP directory and immediately pull them back to their directory and they then display the info previously assigned by MC—none of this moving has happened within MC. For that matter MC isn’t open. Now when I go to the folder from the MC explorer and the files are visible and I can impost them. The problem is that I now have about 600 folders I need to do this with!
What is a better solution.

Geoffrey

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 21 import errors
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 08:12:39 pm »

It's hard to understand what's going on.  You've typed a lot, but I'm not super clear about the details.  So here are a few things:

If you have an MC library that has these files in it already, you can backup that library (the metadata from the database) and restore it into your new MC library that you are creating now:  File > Library > Backup library (on old MC installation).  File > Library > Restore library (on new MC installation).

If your files won't import with Tools > Import > Import a folder, then something is probably wrong with your files. There's also a possibility that you're using a rare file format and MC doesn't full support it.  I seem to recall some compatibility issue with 32 bit WAV files from a while back.  Those are very unusual and entirely unnecessary.  But some people use them.

If you can provide more details about your failures, maybe we can help. Any error messages, dialog boxes, etc, would be helpful.  Alternatively, you could enable logging, do your import, wait for the failures, then do "submit log" to create a zip file of the log.  Then attach it here for analysis.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Logging

EDIT:  Re-reading your post, I'm wondering if you just have a library that was previously used and has old entries for your files, which is keeping them from being re-imported.  Try one of these two procedures:

A.  Build a brand new library and import into that:  File > Library > Library Manager > Add Library .

OR

B.  Entirely clear your existing library.  This will reset everything.  All of your imported media will be removed from the Library, but will remain in place on disk.  File > Library > Clear Library .

Then try to import your music folder again.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up