INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get From Internet dialog suggestion  (Read 1160 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
Get From Internet dialog suggestion
« on: August 10, 2016, 04:46:51 pm »

When Get From Internet is run on some or many selected tracks, MC opens a list of the tracks and images found (or not) for them. But the list is clumsy to work with, because it processes 20 tracks at a time, but shows only the first 12. Therefore, to see the other 8 tracks requires using the vertical scroll bar. Key points:

1. There's usually (always in my case) more vertical space than the dialog uses. It would be nice if it recognized the full size of MC's window and used the full height.

2. Because the images list dialog by default shows only 12 tracks of the 20 it is listing, requiring scrolling to view the rest, could the list box be larger to view the full list? If not, could the list be shorter to fit the box?. If the number of tracks select exceeds 20, a button is provided to continue to the next page of the list, and so on until all selected tracks have been displayed. So, showing 20 items per page seems arbitrary. Why not make the list end where the dialog box does, then continue to the next page, etc?

3. The dialog box is movable and resizable, which could be a personal preference workaround....but it does not remember. I can drag it to fill the window height, which on my display happens to exactly show the 20 tracks per list page. But the very next time I run Get From Internet the dialog is back to its smallish 12-tracks size. It's a productivity banana peel.

I'm just wondering if there's a reason for the box not matching the list not matching the screen, and not remembering? Cuz it would be nice to have it all work smoothly.

ALSO: Get Cover Art dialog is another one that when expanded vertically ends up with its bottom -- the buttons -- hidden behind Windows taskbar.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up