INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update mc2xml  (Read 2666 times)

klay

• Junior Woodchuck
Update mc2xml
« on: August 10, 2016, 06:45:49 pm »

The version inside of JRiver 22 is old. I've had issues attempting to get OPTA guide populated.

However, the mc2xml  version launched within JRiver is v1.4 as it has been for a very long time. I used the current version of mc2xml v1.6 and it works with colors! You need to update to the current mc2xml version used within JRiver MC22 to the currently available version of mc2xml.
Yours truly,
Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Update mc2xml
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 07:03:53 am »

Version 1.4 is a special build the developer of mc2xml did for JRiver, so it can't just be upgraded. It works fine and provides the basic guide data that comes from Rovi. If you want better guide data then you can subscribe to the data via PercData or Schedules Direct and run Ver 1.6 externally to MC and just import the xmltv.xml file/data.

I'm not sure what you mean by "1.6 works with colors". If you are referring to the Theater View Guide view where colors are used in time slots for certain genres (like news/talk, movies, etc.) then that is not dependent on the mc2xml program, it is built into MC (it works fine with ver 1.4). If you are talking about something else regarding using colors, please explain.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 09:14:30 am »

CountryBumkin is right.  JRiver does not have permission to use newer version of mc2xml.  If you have a newer version that works better for you, you can just reconfigure MC to use XMLTV option (running an external XMLTV program, i.e. your version of mc2xml) instead of the internal mc2xml option.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

klay

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 08:15:57 pm »

CountryBumkin is right.  JRiver does not have permission to use newer version of mc2xml.  If you have a newer version that works better for you, you can just reconfigure MC to use XMLTV option (running an external XMLTV program, i.e. your version of mc2xml) instead of the internal mc2xml option.

Understood. Never had colors in the OTA guide with JRiver.  Then 1.4 has not worked for me for nearly a year. Now, with 1.6 it does work. Just trying to help.
Yours truly,

klay

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 06:59:00 am »

Version 1.4 is a special build the developer of mc2xml did for JRiver, so it can't just be upgraded. It works fine and provides the basic guide data that comes from Rovi. If you want better guide data then you can subscribe to the data via PercData or Schedules Direct and run Ver 1.6 externally to MC and just import the xmltv.xml file/data.

I just want *any* guide data. Haven't had guide data for nearly a year; sketchy at best prior to that.
Yours truly,

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 07:15:39 am »

Are you in the USA?
The best guide data for USA, IMO, is from Schedules Direct. You pay an annual subscription but it's not much. Then you run mc2xml (ver. 1.6) externally and select "Schedules Direct JSON". Import the xmltv.xml file into JRiver daily. Works great.

But ver 1.4 should also work (I have/use it on my "test" computer). If your not in the USA, then maybe someone from your country can help (like Roderick in AU, etc.) in that case post on the TV forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up