INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 22.0.15 crash  (Read 2716 times)

boozemun

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 22.0.15 crash
« on: August 10, 2016, 08:44:34 pm »

I have COMPLETELY uninstalled and reinstalled, turned off all virus including Winders Defender using NoDefender.exe, turned off SOX and reading from memory. I can't even open it long enough to look at the log half the time. Can anyone please help me I cleared the log opened it and it crashed so I saved the log, then when I went to look at the log again it crashed while doing that and I saved it again log2. Please help I am about to give up on this software!! Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cu746o0q3ncwwx5/Log.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdy0bubysm2e5zy/Log2.txt?dl=0

JohnnyFire

Re: MC 22.0.15 crash
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 08:59:57 pm »

I have COMPLETELY uninstalled and reinstalled, turned off all virus including Winders Defender using NoDefender.exe, turned off SOX and reading from memory. I can't even open it long enough to look at the log half the time. Can anyone please help me I cleared the log opened it and it crashed so I saved the log, then when I went to look at the log again it crashed while doing that and I saved it again log2. Please help I am about to give up on this software!! Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cu746o0q3ncwwx5/Log.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdy0bubysm2e5zy/Log2.txt?dl=0

make a clean setup of your windows and try again there is so many configarations and setups to know...try this and report back!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 09:01:55 pm »

The first log has a bunch of references to some SCSI RAID devices that it is trying to enumerate.  I'm not sure how that's supposed to work.  It may or may not be related to your crash.

The second log ends with a reference to this file trying to be analyzed:

M:\Music_1_Files\Tchaikovsky - Symphony No 6 'Pathetique, Serenade For Strings - Gatti [SACD-ISO]\Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 6 and Serenade for Strings.iso

That file might be bad.  MC can definitely crash on media that it doesn't like.  You might move that file somewhere else temporarily and see if MC will start normally or not.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 05:58:47 am »

Turn off auto import (as a test).  It's under Tools > Import.

boozemun

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 03:34:48 pm »

Thanks for your suggestions. Can you tell me where you saw the SCSI Raid item? I do have an external RAID I use for TV recordings and the main system drive is also a hardware RAID SSD. I ended up clearing the Library (which I had done many times before but with older version 21) and am now reimporting... it is analyzing the audio now so I will see if it crashes again. Thanks again.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 03:36:59 pm »

SCSI RAID entries appeared near the very end of the first log file.  The SCSI part might be misinformation from the OS.  Not sure.

Brian.

boozemun

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 12:38:36 pm »

I finally had to turn off Analyze Audio to get it to stop crashing because I could not identify the culprit. Thanks.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 03:48:24 pm »

Sounds like you have some bad files.

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 05:28:07 pm »

If you can find a file causing a crash, please email it to matt at jriver.

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up