INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leave the search box term active until manually deleted?  (Read 1081 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Leave the search box term active until manually deleted?
« on: August 11, 2016, 08:33:08 am »

So I type an artist into the search box and I get two results in the results view:  the artist's albums, and any compilations (showing as Multiple Artists) containing that artist.

If I then click on the artist result tiles 'releases' I get another result showing only that artist's albums, but if I click on the Multiple Artist 'releases' I see every Multiple Artist album in the collection.

Another example, filter on year = 1999; get loads of hits; click on 'releases' for an artist and see every album by that artist, not just those for 1999...

Filter on Jazz; get a hit set; click on multiple albums 'releases' and see every album in collection, even non-Jazz...

At this point I realise that the logic for both results are the same, ie *I* clicked on "show me everything by this <link>", but it would be more useful if the filter remained, so that further drilling down, eg showing multiple artist compilation, was filtered by the search term UNTIL the search window is manually cleared, allowing us to explore our library in a more focussed way.

Perhaps this could be an option under General->Advanced, or Tree & View->Advanced so users can choose the method of filtering (auto/manual clearing)?

Pages: [1]   Go Up