INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get JMC22 AMD64) Jessie to access NAS  (Read 3430 times)

DaveInVA

• Recent member
Can't get JMC22 AMD64) Jessie to access NAS
« on: August 11, 2016, 08:38:04 pm »

Hi,
I decided to try MC22 before buying as it seems to be a great program that will do what I want it to do. I am using Jessie MC22 for AMD 64. It installed just fine and runs. However I cannot get it to access my ZyXel NAS326 NAS.
I set the Music folder on the NAS as a "Place" on Linux (Leap 42.1). It shows up on Dolphin and can be accessed via Dolphin. When I run Media Center 22 (Jessie), it does NOT show up in the "Places" in the browse function for setting up the library so I cannot get it to add it.
I also have KODI installed and it has no problem at all accessing it and works as intended. So for grins I also installed Media Center 22 on my Mac and it also has no trouble accessing the NAS music library. But I cannot get the Linux version to access it.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Dave

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't get JMC22 AMD64) Jessie to access NAS
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 06:51:01 am »

Firewall?

DaveInVA

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 07:47:43 am »

One of the first things I tried was turning it off. I can access the NAS music library with Chrome, KODI and every other music player I've tried even with the Firewall on. It just simply doesn't show up in JMC22 at all no matter what I've tried. And its also mapped as a "place" that shows up in Dolphin and clicking on it accesses it.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 10:34:59 am »

You have to mount the NAS share on your linux box. Simply having it show up in a file browser is not enough.
Look in the MC 21 linux forum for similar posts.

DaveInVA

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 11:34:19 am »

Yep that was it. I mounted it using terminal and now MC can access the NAS. Now just have to get the fstab entry right as it tries to access the NAS before the Network has started up so the mount fails. I'll get tired of manually mounting it each boot so I will need to get something figured out.

Thanks,
Dave

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 12:40:31 pm »

Yep that was it. I mounted it using terminal and now MC can access the NAS. Now just have to get the fstab entry right as it tries to access the NAS before the Network has started up so the mount fails. I'll get tired of manually mounting it each boot so I will need to get something figured out.

Thanks,
Dave

You need to use automount systemd options; then the system won't try to mount it until first access.  See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fstab#Automount_with_systemd for details and some usage examples.

The specific mount options you want to add are
Code: [Select]
noauto,x-systemd.automount

DaveInVA

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 04:44:04 pm »

Ok, got it to work using fstab so this is solved,

Thanks,
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up