INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scheduling "Events"  (Read 1284 times)

Schmackie

Scheduling "Events"
« on: August 12, 2016, 09:53:26 pm »

Hi,

I'm using JRiver as our automation program at the radio station I manage.  It's great, but one thing I find frustrating is that the program will cut off a song to give the scheduled legal ID.  We had been using an inferior program, but one that had the advantage of being able to set it so that the legal ID would allow the song playing at the top of the hour to finish, as long as it didn't go five minutes beyond the top of the hour.  Is there any way to manage the settings to allow us to program the legal ID to come in AFTER the song playing finishes rather than cut it off?
Thank you,

Jason LeValley

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Scheduling "Events"
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 09:26:19 am »

I don't think the Scheduler has that capability. 

This is something you'd need to do sort of manually, but it's probably not that hard to do.  You'd insert your legal ID clip right into Playing Now at the appropriate time.  You can figure out the right place to put it, by highlighting some files and then looking at the summary bar at the bottom, which will tell you the duration of the files you have selected.  So, if it's 2:15 PM and you want to play the ID at 3:00 PM, select files until you get about 45 minutes worth.  Then put the legal ID *right* after the group of files you selected.  Then select 60 minutes more from there and insert another legal ID.

Like I said, a manual process, but not super hard.  Just a little tedious.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up