INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FEATURE REQUEST: Get From Internet allows REMOVING cover image.  (Read 1339 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe

It would enhance productivity if the Get From Internet dialog allows REMOVING the image assigned to a track (and optionally deleting the image file).

Currently, the only actions are:
keep the currently attached local library image if there is one
OR
choose from a new image MC found online

But, periodically I run Get From Internet on a bunch of existing tracks, hoping to improve the images already attached. This always reveals a bunch of tracks that have no better image, BUT the existing image is actually quite horrible, or simply wrong. Yet Get From Internet doesn't provide a way to deal with this. I have to make a note of these tracks, finish with Get From Internet, then go back and find the tracks and remove the bad images.

It sure would be nice if Get From Internet provided a Remove option any track that has an existing image.

And, it would be nice if Get From Internet showed a bit more track info. More often than not, I prefer an image relating to the track or artist or both, an image that will be interesting to see later when that song is playing. This is especially the need with albums that are collections/various artists. I want to show an image about the artist, or even better artist+song. I seem to have a zillion of these types of albums/tracks, but Get From Internet doesn't seem to use the song title when searching. When choosing among images MC suggests, it would be a big help to see the song title. (Even better might be to allow configuring of Get From Internet, perhaps via search modes that prioritize what it uses to search.)

But the tracks list is fairly narrow and doesn't always show enough info about the track. Perhaps make the dialog wider? Or allow hovering above the track to see lots more info (Full track name, Artist, Album at least).
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up