INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with artwork with JRemote version 3.22 and MC 22.0.13 for Mac  (Read 3639 times)

Lodewijk_Ramon

• Recent member

Installed Mc 22.0.13 without any problem, imported (restored) my library from a backup from MC 21, again no problem. Playing music,controlled by JRemote fine, but large parts of the art work don't show up, while I can see the art work without any flaw on the iMac. Might JRemote need an update too?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

I would force quit JRemote, then restart it.  (Hold down center button, then swipe JRemote up and off of the screen).

Brian.

Lodewijk_Ramon

• Recent member

Hello Brian,
Thanks for replying.
I did force quit and restart several times.
It didn't help. After restarting the Remote app artwork was missing in about 20% of the cases. This was the case in the following views: album, artists, genre, composers, and playlists. Once you click on the album you can see the artwork is present, because it appears in the headline of the tracklist. Also, after force quitting and restarting it is not the same artwork that is missing, but different albums, etc.
After stopping MC22 and restarting MC21 as well as restarting JRemote all the artwork was present again.

I also cleared the Library, and after restarting MC22 restored the Library from a recent backup, then restarted Remote: alas no positive result.

blgentry

Since MC22 is new, it's possible that you've imported your old library (from MC21), but MC22 hasn't yet rebuilt all of the thumbnails.  That would probably explain it.  Look in Help > System Info and it should tell you how many of your thumbnails are built.

You can tell MC to rebuild all of the ones that aren't built yet:

Tools > Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > build missing thumbnails

That might take quite some time, but when it's done all thumbnails should work.

Brian.

Lodewijk_Ramon

• Recent member

:) Hi Brian,
Sorry for this late response, I was busy with other things this last week.

Thank you so much for your reply. The procedure did the trick. I guess, since this procedure wasn't necessary with the upgrade from MC20 to MC21 that something changed in the database structure.
For your information, the following 2 points:
1) when asking for the System Info, my Mac detects that MC22 is unresponsive. Of course I ignored this and after about 8 to 10 minutes the info came up
2) Building approx. 21000 thumbnails took 40 minutes (on a 2014 MacMini with a 2.8GHz Core i5 processor and 16 GB memory)

And you should know: I am very happy with the JRiver Media Center

Lodewijk

blgentry

Glad to know it's all working correctly now.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up