INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make JRiver play English subs for non English speaking parts?  (Read 3220 times)

scgt1

• Junior Woodchuck

So we trudged through The Walk yesterday with a bunch of French talking yet no English subs.
I had 3 sub files:
srt, idx, and sub

I think I only placed the movie file with the Sub file in my movie folder. This isn't the first time there has been non english spoken parts and no sub titles. There has to be a file name problem or a setting in the options that isn't being don properly. Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to make JRiver play English subs for non English speaking parts?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 06:33:02 am »

So we trudged through The Walk yesterday with a bunch of French talking yet no English subs.
I had 3 sub files:
srt, idx, and sub

I think I only placed the movie file with the Sub file in my movie folder. This isn't the first time there has been non english spoken parts and no sub titles. There has to be a file name problem or a setting in the options that isn't being don properly. Any ideas?
Do the names match?

scgt1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 06:49:23 am »

If you mean via file manager then yes. Not sure what JRiver was actually seeing them as though but looking in file manager the sub file was named exactly the same as the movie file.

rec head

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 07:56:34 am »

For some rips I have done I need to right click and then select a different sub track.

scgt1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 08:58:56 am »

Well the setting I selected the other day to try things out on the same movie again (mind you I haven't yet). Was playing English subs on an English spoken show. LOL So at least I can force them on when not wanted lol. So I changed the setting again I think to the last option and maybe I'll get a chance to try the movie again today.

UPDATE Well that didn't work either. :-( still no english subs for french spoken parts.
I don't see a sub selection option when right clicking on the movie icon.

The setting I had set the other day to try the movie again which played English subs on an English spoken tv show was: Show subtitles in selected language if available.

So I changed it to: Show subtitles only if selected language is different from audio language.

I previously when we actually watched the movie had it set on: Show subtitles only if selected language is different from audio language, or if subtitles are in sidecar file.

I wish Gizmo had an option to turn on subs. That would make things so much easier.

DJLegba

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 10:33:44 am »

If you have a remote keyboard the Up arrow eventually lets you turn subtitles on/off while watching. It took me a while to discover this but it really helped.

scgt1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 10:34:38 am »

Just using Gizmo :-( Would be nice for a sub option on Gizmo.

Update
Well went to watch shows again tonight and there were english subs again. Maybe the movies sub file is jacked up. Side note there is a sub on and off option on Gizmo that I wasn't aware of and doesn't always seem to be there either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up