INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [22.0.15] Per-file language selection without playback  (Read 2419 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
[22.0.15] Per-file language selection without playback
« on: August 15, 2016, 05:47:25 pm »

So I've posited this idea before for past versions of MC, but figured I'd post it again for the new version, with some new ideas to go with it.

For video files with multiple language tracks, would it be possible to tell MC to flag a file so that it will play back with the relevant audio track(s) already selected? As it stands, there is a global option to specify a default language; I'm thinking of something more file-specific, wherein I do not have to initiate playback for each file and select each track manually, since it is rather time-consuming.

This is something of a supplement to my particle batch creation request thread: once the particles are created, I simply select them all, specify the correct language track (Japanese, in this case), and viola! Next time I play back any of them, the audio track I selected plays instead of the default.

I thought perhaps this could be incorporated as a special property of the [Language] field. I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement, but from a user perspective, it would be most convenient.

It would also be awesome to be able to do this with subtitle languages. Right now, I have a [Subtitle Language] field, but it's custom-made. I recommend that JRiver include such a field in the default list with the properties described.

What are your thoughts?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: [22.0.15] Per-file language selection without playback
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 05:58:48 pm »

Have a Look at the field "Playback Info".  It contains the data used by MC to select what streams (among other playback settings).  For files that are "similar", I play one back and set all the streams I want, then copy these values to the other similar files.
JRiver CEO Elect

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 06:19:54 pm »

Have a Look at the field "Playback Info".

That is really cool...learned something.

Is there also a way to use this/another field which at file level would, in MC, set specific madvr parameters such as deinterlacing settings and or renderer as an alternative to madvr scaling algorithms based profile groups ?

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 06:24:15 pm »

Have a Look at the field "Playback Info".  It contains the data used by MC to select what streams (among other playback settings).  For files that are "similar", I play one back and set all the streams I want, then copy these values to the other similar files.

I think the OP's suggestions are good ones.

I've played with this Playback info field before and haven't really figured it out.  Is this supported in any way, or just a straight up "hope it works when you copy it" thing?  Or do you have specific mappings you can use in this field?  I.E. do you know how to select a particular audio stream in a particular file by typing something into this field?

Brian.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 06:31:03 pm »

I think the OP's suggestions are good ones.

Funnily I wanted to do the same and already did so when I swapped over, amongst other, 150 concerts from bdmv/ts folder to MKV but (so to say) hardcoded within the mkv file with MKV toolnix. Every MKV, most on chapter level have song names, predefined audio tracks and for series, predefined subtitles

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 06:49:16 pm »

It's pretty easy to work out what its format is.  Show the Column and play a few files (changing the streams / settings etc) and you will soon seen the format and syntax.  Anyway, the issue will be that each different file may have different settings for what track is what lang etc (eg Track 1 may be ENG 2.0, Track 2 ENG 5.1 etc on one file, yet from another source it coul dbe Track 1 ENG 2.0, Track 2 GER 2.0 etc)
JRiver CEO Elect

Goatshade

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 02:48:25 am »

The [Playback Info] field is as useful as described, and suits my purposes very nicely. I still think my OP should be considered as a potential feature, since the stream lineups across different videos won't necessarily be identical across the board, even within one season. But this definitely works, for now. :)

I appreciate it!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 04:28:44 pm »

Xltn.  Yes the Playback Field is oft forgotten and can be used to preset lots of playback settings.  FYI - From what I've seen to get a potential feature up needs a bit of broad community support.  I'm guessing but your OP may be pretty unique. :)
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up