INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Sever / Client /JRemote setup problems  (Read 2329 times)

paraline

• Recent member
Library Sever / Client /JRemote setup problems
« on: August 16, 2016, 02:41:13 am »

Hi Everyone,

I am in process of setting up:                   

JRiver Media Centre ( on main PC) as Library server PC - all OK
JRiver Media centre ( on audio only PC) , as Client server - connected OK to library server, and main library  is fully functional / accessible         

Problems:

When I restart client server, MC does not default to Client server, I have to choose to connect again, each time

When I use ipad JRemote, it sees all the files, but  does not seem to see / output to the correct zone and direct audio to client server.

I am using same access key for both library server, client server and Ipad JRemote.

What I simply want to do is to use audio Ipad JRemote with audio pc to play files that are sitting on library server

Any advice would be much appreciated, many thanks in advance... :)

Dan

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Library Sever / Client /JRemote setup problems
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 08:12:41 am »

I am using same access key for both library server, client server and Ipad JRemote.

This is your problem; the client pc should have a different access key, and you should use that access key in JRemote to control playback on the client.  If it's correctly logged into the server, you should see all the server's content when using the client's access code.

I'm not sure why it requires you to log into the server on restart; that's not normal behavior, but it may have something to do with you having the same access key on both machines, which is not a supported configuration.

paraline

• Recent member
Re: Library Sever / Client /JRemote setup problems
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 01:06:50 pm »

many thanks, this is correct. I have worked it out myself, I did not get notification of your post. much appreciated anyhow :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up