INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote: Album category view; not all albums displayed [Solved]  (Read 2392 times)

dmitch77

• World Citizen

When viewing the "Album" category (under "Audio"), not all of my albums are displayed. MC reports that I have 3093 albums, but JRemote only displays 2213 of them (on both iPad and iPhone). Everything between "R" and the end of the alphabet - except for one album starting with "U" - is missing. This is true no matter which kind of display is selected (list with letter headings, raw list, tiles). There is no filter in place in MC's "JRemote Customize View" option, all albums are supposed to be displayed. This is MC 21 on Mac 10.11.6, JRemote 3.2.2.

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone know a workaround? Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote: Album category view; not all albums displayed
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 11:50:29 am »

Hard to say without more info.  I'm guessing that maybe your Albums view in MC's Standard View has been customized in some way.  When you look at the Customize View screen for Albums (in standard view) what do you see?  If you click on Edit on Albums (under Categories) what do you see there?  Screen shots would be great.

Brian.

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 01:38:11 pm »

4 screen shots attached.
"Album View 1.jpg" and "Album View 2.jpg": Customize View from standard Album view, two shots to show entire scroll view of settings
"Edit Album.jpg" - result of hitting "Edit" on previous panel
"Customize Album View.jpg" - customize Album for for JRemote, it's stock, I don't think I ever changed this.

Thanks for looking at this.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 03:55:41 pm »

Well, so much for that idea.  Seems like your views are very "stock".

Try this:  Find an album that is displayed on the computer (standard view), but not in JRemote.  Now search for that album name, or a song name in that album, using the top level search in JRemote.  By top level, I mean the search that is OUTSIDE of any of the other views.  The search that searches everything, not just inside a view.  Once you find it, figure out what the album name is, in JRemote, and maybe that will give you some clues.  Look at the rest of the metadata too like track number, etc.

Brian.

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 04:51:56 pm »

There doesn't appear to be anything special about the missing albums. And they do show up in a top level search. It's just all albums from Ri* to the end are missing, as if some max number of albums was reached. Have you seen JRemote display 3000 or more albums?

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 05:12:25 pm »

I have seen JRemote display nearly that number of albums.  Something like 3 to 4k albums.  I'm not sure what's going on.

Did you find the album name of one of these albums in JRemote?  Can you find it by album name once you see what the album name is?

Brian.

dmitch77

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote: Album category view; not all albums displayed (fixed)
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 05:17:11 pm »

Fixed: the next album *after* the last one displayed in JRemote - i.e. the first one *not* displayed - had a newline embedded in the album name tags. Fixed that, and the problem went away. Thanks for your assistance.

blgentry

Re: JRemote: Album category view; not all albums displayed [Solved]
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 05:50:03 pm »

Whew!  Glad to see this mystery is solved.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up