INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seekbar tooltip change to physical position ?  (Read 1675 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Seekbar tooltip change to physical position ?
« on: August 16, 2016, 11:56:49 am »

(This is one of these things that I forget to request, because I always miss it in the evening while using MC for viewing videos with the family.  Then I forget the next day to post about it.)

Most other video players (VLC for example) have a seekbar tooltip that reads the position in the video that corresponds to where you are holding the mouse pointer.

For example, if the video is 2 hours long, and you hold the mouse pointer halfway, it will say:

1:00:00/2:00:00

But MC's tooltip always shows the current position and the total length, something like:

0:03:16/2:00:00

no matter where on the seekbar you place the mouse pointer.

Someone will ask - why do you need this?

Well, for example, we cannot stay up to Midnight every night to watch the Olympics.  Naturally, NBC will put stuff at the end to try and get people to watch all 4 hours.

So, we DVR it and then the next day, catch up on anything compelling we missed.

Generally, I know roughly where I want to go in the 4 hours, but it would be helpful for the tooltip to show exactly where the mouse pointer is pointing to in the broadcast, just like other video players.

This is just one example, I have undoubtedly used the mouse pointer tooltip in VLC hundreds of times over the years.

Thanks for considering this request.

blgentry

Re: Seekbar tooltip change to physical position ?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 04:20:11 pm »

Strangely enough, with MC22.0.13 for Mac, the tooltip updates to where you have the mouse pointer positioned, if you drag the scrub bar to where you want it.  It takes maybe 1 second before it shows, but it updates.

Brian.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 08:52:41 pm »

Strangely enough, with MC22.0.13 for Mac, the tooltip updates to where you have the mouse pointer positioned, if you drag the scrub bar to where you want it.  It takes maybe 1 second before it shows, but it updates.

Well, if you drag, then you are actually changing the "current position", yes ?

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 08:55:02 pm »

^ Not until you let go.  Until you release the mouse button, it continues playing where it was.  Or stays paused where it was.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up