INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [22.0.15] Scheduling adaptive volume  (Read 1696 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
[22.0.15] Scheduling adaptive volume
« on: August 19, 2016, 12:56:26 am »

So I notice that there are three options for Adaptive Volume in DSP Studio: Peak Level Normalize, Night Mode, and Small Speaker Mode. Night Mode is, as described, intended for nighttime, when the volume ought to be turned down, especially out of consideration for your neighbours in a flat complex.

I currently have the thing set to Small Speaker Mode (because, in spite of the large size of my speakers, the mode does wonders for some content that I have which is inexplicably mixed to rather low volume while leaving louder content alone for the most part), but looking at these settings, I kind of wonder: why not include some scheduling settings that would allow one to set Adaptive Volume so that it is on Small Speaker Mode (or Peak Level Normalize) for the "active" parts of the day, and then have it automatically switch to Night Mode during the "inactive" parts? Of course, this would be based on the system clock.

What are your thoughts?

Goatshade

Re: [22.0.15] Scheduling adaptive volume
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 11:00:19 pm »

Anybody?

jachin99

Re: [22.0.15] Scheduling adaptive volume
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 11:10:02 pm »

That would be a good idea but I don't picture very many people really pushing for it.  Why not setup a night zone, and use the MC event ghost plugin to send a command to change zones at a specified time? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up