INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cover art missing  (Read 3564 times)

sebassie

• Recent member
cover art missing
« on: August 20, 2016, 03:21:50 am »

I have MC 22 running both on a Mac and on a new PC. On the Mac there are no problems. On the PC, after importing my music files, about half the cover art is missing.
I tried to solve this by making a backup of the library on my Mac and restore the library on my PC. When doing this there shows no cover art at all.
I can add the cover art for each album as each folder contains a folder.jpg, but this takes too much time.
Any help here would be appreciated.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: cover art missing
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 08:26:22 am »

I'm guessing that your cover art is mostly stored in MC's Cover Art directory.  When you transfer libraries, the cover art files do NOT transfer.  You have to do that manually.

MC for Mac has cover art (by default) in:

~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 22/Cover Art/

Check there and see if you see your missing cover art. If so, you can copy all of that over to Windows and it should work.

Brian.

sebassie

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 09:57:40 am »

I'm guessing that your cover art is mostly stored in MC's Cover Art directory.  When you transfer libraries, the cover art files do NOT transfer.  You have to do that manually.

MC for Mac has cover art (by default) in:

~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 22/Cover Art/

Check there and see if you see your missing cover art. If so, you can copy all of that over to Windows and it should work.

Brian.

On my Mac there is no cover art in ~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 22/Cover Art/.
On my NAS each music album has its own folder, containing the separate flac files and the front cover as folder.jpg

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 10:06:40 am »

Two things you can try:

A.  Highlight a few albums.  Right click > cover art > quick find in file / cover art directory .  That may locate the cover art.

B.  Tools > Options > File Location > cover art > Audio mode > in the same folder as the file (as folder.jpg)

Brian.

sebassie

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 12:08:41 pm »

Two things you can try:

A.  Highlight a few albums.  Right click > cover art > quick find in file / cover art directory .  That may locate the cover art.

B.  Tools > Options > File Location > cover art > Audio mode > in the same folder as the file (as folder.jpg)

Brian.

Thanks Brian,

I tried option A. This goes well but again is time consuming. Option B did the job. I do not understand 'saving tag changes' which was seen on the bottom of the  screen, as I did not change any tags.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 12:36:40 pm »

Glad to know B worked.

A would work too, with very little effort.  Just highlight *everything* (select all), then do the quick find.  It will do the quick find for all albums without any extra effort from you.  Just mentioning this for completeness.

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 05:09:32 pm »

I do not understand 'saving tag changes' which was seen on the bottom of the  screen, as I did not change any tags.

When you update Cover Art, as you were doing, MC saves information about the Cover Art in the "Image File" tag. That is all you are seeing there. Let it finish before closing MC.

Take a look at the "Image File" tag for some of your music files with Cover Art. It should point to the folder.jpg file for the Album.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up