INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subtitle position bad!  (Read 2746 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
Subtitle position bad!
« on: August 20, 2016, 04:29:20 pm »

I have played round with subtitle positions for months and can never get them in the right position. JR has many positions 5%, 10% etc etc... + or -
At 5% they are still too low but when I hit + 10% the next one up from 5% they jump to the middle of the screen (NO GOOD)
How on earth do we get much smaller steps in the moving up or down, why arnt they just steps of 1,2,3,4 + or -?

yannis

• World Citizen
Re: Subtitle position bad!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 04:28:29 am »

In my MC, even +30% brings them somewhat lower than the center, and 5 to 10 is a small step. So I guess it has to do with some of your settings. As I remember you use ROHQ, so first check with Red October Standard. Make sure you use a proper resolution. It might also be that you crop black bars or stretch (right click > Window > ). If one of these does it, change to ROHQ to check again. If it persists, then you've probably changed something in the HQ settings of RO that supersedes the standard settings of MC.

murray

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 05:34:07 am »

In my MC, even +30% brings them somewhat lower than the center, and 5 to 10 is a small step. So I guess it has to do with some of your settings. As I remember you use ROHQ, so first check with Red October Standard. Make sure you use a proper resolution. It might also be that you crop black bars or stretch (right click > Window > ). If one of these does it, change to ROHQ to check again. If it persists, then you've probably changed something in the HQ settings of RO that supersedes the standard settings of MC.

When you say I may have changed something in HQ settings of RO do you mean in madvr?

yannis

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 06:51:31 am »

yes.

murray

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 06:25:59 pm »

Gee Yannis you were so right thank you very very much!

I had a setting on madvr that you would think was correct, but it doesn't behave correctly!
In zoom control I had ticked move subtitles into the bottom of the screen window, this was never correct, it was moving them in huge jumps when I was selection 5%, 10% etc etc..
Ive now set it at "move subtitles into the active video area" in madvr, its now moving nicely in small steps. Set at NO SHIFT in JR its all now perfect, thank you again, Ive wasted so much time trying to sort this problem!

Tell me, will I have to now go back and reset all the films with subtitles I had originally moved?
When you make a change on one film does it always remember that change?

yannis

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 02:36:12 am »

According to the wiki:

When playing back a video, you can change or select (where available) by right clicking on the playing Video: - Titles - Streams (Audio, Video) - Subtitles - Cropping - Aspect Ratios - Resolution (including desired FPS playback)
These values are then stored in the Tag "Playback Info" in the form of "(1:3)(14:BlurayPlaylist)(10:00100.mpls)(7:Streams)(5:0,1,9) (9:Subtitles)(0:)" pending what playback customisation you have specified.
To reset to the Global Playback Options just detail the contents of this tag.

But I think manually editing this field won't work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up