INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Including playlists (by name) in search results  (Read 2271 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Including playlists (by name) in search results
« on: August 15, 2016, 01:17:28 pm »

I would like to request including playlists (by name) in the search results. My playlists/smartlists are deeply nested in folders within the tree and it can take me a while to find them manually. Even though I know the name of the playlist, sometimes I can't manage to find them altogether because I can't remember where I previously organized them. If I could use the search box to search for playlists by name it would speed up the process dramatically.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Including playlists (by name) in search results
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 06:54:21 am »

If you have the Playlist view open, it should find them.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 05:22:48 pm »

Unfortunately this isn't working on my end. Even with the playlist view open, if I type a playlist name, it is not returning any results.

I hope you can see in the screenshot that "Recently Rated" is not returning any results although the same-named smartlist resides in the tree (Playlists>Bryan's Playlists>Recently Rated).

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 06:08:40 pm »

This isn't a very good solution but...

If you make a Panes view and include a Pane of Playlists, it will show you all of your playlists.  Then, if you click inside that pane and start typing, it will match on the letters you type.  Even if playlists are nested down, it will open the trees up and show you the matching playlists.

Like I said, it's not that good, but it's better than nothing.

Brian.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 06:11:06 pm »

We can't search for playlists like that. Whenever I run into that particular brick wall, it's always hard, and fast ;)

I'm not near an MC at the moment, so can't be specific, but... other options might be...

For those smartlists I often need quick access to, I've added them to "Navigational Favourites".
I think you get at that via right click on the view itself, so yes, it does mean you will have to find them the first time to actually right click on them.
Once added, you add the 'favourites' item to either your top, or bottom toolbar, and your locations are there as shortcuts when you click the button.

If you know the playlist name, and just want to see the files, if you type p="playlist name" in the search bar, does that return files?
Pages: [1]   Go Up