INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Dragonfly DAC 1.5 (black), MC21 on Windows 7  (Read 1907 times)

bluesplayer1957

• Recent member
Help with Dragonfly DAC 1.5 (black), MC21 on Windows 7
« on: August 24, 2016, 03:53:10 am »

I have a (recent) Dragonfly Black (1.5) attached to a USB port and fed to my hifi. The PC is running Windows 7.

I have it set up as WASAPI with the default output set to 24 bit, 96000 Hz (the max the Dragonfly supports) and Exclusive mode checked in the Control Panel Settings.

I have Open device for exclusive access checked, bit depth automatic, and buffering to 250ms under device settings in MC.

Under DSP Studio box I have Output encoding set to None, and Channels to 2 (stereo).

I initially had Sample rates, 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 set to No Change, however when trying to play anything above 44.1 the dragonfly switches to the correct colour, MC appear to play, but I get no sound. If I set the Output to the same Input rate I get the same response.

If I have everything set to be converted to 44.1 it works fine but obviously I can't take advantage of my hi-res files.

I have another system in the house which is Mac based and tried the Dragonfly on that and it works fine on all sample rates. Hence I think this is a Windows/MC 21 config problem, but I'm at a loss how to remedy the situation.

I'm relatively new to MC so would appreciate any advice from more experienced users.

many thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up