INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I delete my new empty smartlists?  (Read 3214 times)

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
How do I delete my new empty smartlists?
« on: August 26, 2016, 12:00:07 pm »

When I upgraded to MC22, I find myself with a huge number of empty Smartlists ranging from 4 or 5 stars, through audio bitrate, through podcasts, and images and videos...all of which are empty. The smartlists which I had created in MC 21 are gone, yet all of my music files are present. Is there a fix or do I need to recreate my smartlists? BTW, most of my smartlists are genre based.

Thanks for any help and advice.
tlcmd

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I delete my new empty smartlists?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 01:22:21 pm »

It sounds like maybe you didn't backup and restore your MC21 library into your new MC22 installation.  The library backup will contain all of your smartlists, genres, etc.

In MC21, do File > Library > backup library .  Note where you put this backup file.  Close MC21.

Then, open MC22 and do File > Library > Restore Library.  Use the backup file you just created.

This should restore everything from MC21 into MC22 and you shouldn't see all of those "new" smartlists any more.

Good luck.

Brian.

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 10:55:07 am »

Bigentry,
Thanks for your reply. Since i am dealing with "smartlists". I have some other problems and questions.
I started with Media Jukebox 7.0 and got the free upgrade to 8 and subsequently 8.400. I have been running it on Windows and actually got it to work on Linux Mint. I have a dual boot computer with both Windows 10 and Linux mint Debian Edition 2 and was thrilled and of of the early subscribers to the Linux Media Centre.

My smartlist problem #1: I set up my smartlists by genre. So will have a "female vocal" genre, and then want to include within that smartlist, (still female vocals) mood, romance, torch, and easy listening. Unfortunately, unlike the MJ8.400, MC's current smartlists appear to be exclusive rather then inclusive as were the ones on MJ 8.400. Is there an easy solution?? I have the same problem with the broad category of Jazz smartlists, but won't get into that now. I think if I can figure out how to make the one set of MC smartlists inclusive, I can figure out the rest.
Thanks,
tlcmd

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 11:05:23 am »

When you open the smartlist editor, you should see a line that says something like:

Genre  IS  Female Vocals

You can change the IS to "IS ANY", which will allow you to pick multiple selections in that line.  So you can select female vocals, torch, and others and it will match on any of those.

Brian.

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 11:35:02 am »

Brian,
Please forgive me for not replying to you that your first suggestion worked great. I'll try the second one later as it will take some time. I think I've done it and it didn't work well. I also know how to not include Christmas files as I only use them about 5 or 6 weeks/year. Will get back to you.
Thanks,
tlcmd

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 01:44:27 pm »

Brian,
Thanks. I'd never noticed that choice of "is all" before. Now I have to straighten out some of my tags.
Appreciate the input and reply.
tlcmd

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 03:44:50 pm »

Glad I could point you in the right direction.  Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up