INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drop out at start DSF play Back (play file from memory)  (Read 2164 times)

Che

Drop out at start DSF play Back (play file from memory)
« on: August 26, 2016, 02:09:37 pm »

I use JRiver 22, and I have been experimenting on "play file from memory ....." and "load file before pl;ay back".

PCM files works fine on either.

However DSF Files (DoP) show one or two drop outs at the beginning of the song when "play from memory .." is checked.
When "load file before play back" is used, everything works fine.

I prefer the "older" option, because this results in lower CPU usage.

Setup
JRiver 22.0.15
Recommended buffer settings are used
Chord Hugo Asio driver

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards

Che Hsin

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Drop out at start DSF play Back (play file from memory)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 07:56:38 am »

The files are large and there is CPU activity while they are being loaded. Are the files on an internal drive or a usb drive or a network drive? The issue may be related to delays if they are not on an internal drive. You can try decreasing the Prebuffering time down from 6 seconds. Also, you might try playing with the switch track timing.The new Load Files option does not start playing until the track is loaded, in order to avoid this type of problem.   CPU activity should be minimal with Load Files. Have you actually measured it while playing a DSD (DoP) file?

Che

Re: Drop out at start DSF play Back (play file from memory)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 02:50:53 am »

Hi

Thank you for your reaction.

The files are played from an external NAS drive. Conected via a switch, all cat7 Lan cables.

I usewindows 8.1 optimized. With Taskmanager I measured the CPU usage during both options.

I wil try your recommandations an wil report which effect it has on the drop outs.

Regards Che
Pages: [1]   Go Up