INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no sound  (Read 2388 times)

art1

no sound
« on: August 28, 2016, 01:11:58 am »

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question. I downloaded mc22, but get no sound. I am using a chord ex dac, recently upgraded from the hd. i downloaded the drivers, deleted old drivers, did everything I could think of. I've tried other music servers, all play ok, but I can't get mc to play, no sounds at all. It indicates it is playing, but the dac isn't getting a signal. Any suggestions before I throw in the towel and go back to vinyl? cheers

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: no sound
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 02:48:52 am »

Are you using Windows?
I'd test the DAC/Windows config first . ..

What's the default playback device? (right click the speaker icon in the system tray and select playback devices) Is it your DAC?
Under the advanced settings for the device can you hear the test sounds when you play them?

If you do do you get sounds out of other windows apps eg media player. ..

If all this works then it's time to look at MC's Audio config. . .

Spike

art1

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 03:16:47 am »

Hi, thanks. yes, using windows 10. I have the playback device set correctly. I have tried two dacs,neither of them work for mc but both work with other players and with cd. I've looked at all the config options I can see on MC., nothing has changed as far as I can see, am using all of the same settings. There must be something I am missing...

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 06:49:18 am »

Are you using ASIO or WASAPI?
Check Windows Sound Properties. Open properties for the sound device on your computer and check under the advance tab to see if you have all the correct settings (sample rates, etc.).
Pages: [1]   Go Up