INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After NAIM UNIT2 uPNP Player connected via LAN, USB DAC direct not work.  (Read 2023 times)

navyblue00

Hi there, I am novice in this PC-FI area. I tried to searched the forum, but just I could'nt understand.
It was my father who want to use JRiver as the player for NAIM CD receiver unit with USB DAC, digital input, and uPNP function. I know the window media player has the fuction to select distant network player as sound player. So when I use window media player , it is very simple to change sound out setting from USB DAC to uPNP network player. Without unplugging USB cable from labtop to NAIM player, I can just window media player menu(distant network player selecting) click and press NAIM remorcon button (uPNP).

But when I just looked JRiver (it was my first time ) and tried to same thing, something goes wrong.
Somehow I could manage to make uPNP mode function normal from JRiver on labtop to NAIM player.
And then he wanted to use USBDAC mode to compare sound quality though it is more convenient to play on uPNP.
So I just pressed the NAIM remorcon button to change USB-DAC input mode, and made JRiver sound output to XMOS- USB DAC mode from menu.
(When I use window media player, it is just simple to click select distant player without setting sound output mode. )
ANyway, When I click the play button of JRiver, USB DAC mode just changed to uPNP mode automatically.

Why JRiver change the player mode USBDAC mode to uPNP once it was connected?
Now I completely cut off the uPNP NAIM device from labtop windows 7 setting to just make USB-DAC work.
How can I changed uPNP mode off and Just use USB-DAC mode as usual without setting window 7 control ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

The wiki has a topic called "Audio Setup".  That would be a good place to start.
Pages: [1]   Go Up