INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you clear Playing Now list on Id with Gizmo?  (Read 4429 times)

dbeipi

• Recent member
How do you clear Playing Now list on Id with Gizmo?
« on: August 31, 2016, 08:38:42 pm »

I can stop playing a song, but when I go back to the home screen, select a new track by a different artist, nothing happens. How does one flush a Playing Now list or replace it with another? Or append more songs to the playing now list? The only way I am able to clear a playing now list is to reset the Id, which is kind of painful.

After several minutes, suddenly the changes take effect. That is even more painful! :P

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How do you clear Playing Now list on Id with Gizmo?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 08:57:31 pm »

What are you playing from?  Are you playing to the Id?

What file type?

What you see isn't normal.

dbeipi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 09:16:14 pm »

I'm playing HD FLAC files stored on the spinning drive of the Id 201. Id is the server and the renderer.

Perhaps this is similar to Jaybo's question on slow album response?

It just now took 5 minutes to change from one album while playing to the next. It eventually changed mid-song.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 09:35:14 pm »

Are you using Gizmo (Android app) or WebGizmo (in a browser)?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 09:35:43 pm »

Try playing normal FLAC files.

dbeipi

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 09:51:11 pm »

I'm using Android App Gizmo, but I have the same problem on WebGizmo. JRemote had the same issues on the Android, so I switched to Gizmo, hoping for improvement.

I just selected a new 16/44.1 album while playing a 16/44.1 album, both of which I ripped from CDs. Took 8 minutes to change.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 06:40:02 am »

Try making a new test library and playing from it.  File > Library > Library Manager.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 11:21:43 am »

Still can't reproduce this.
Can you also try a couple of other things before resetting the library?

First turn off the spectrum analyzer, right click on the JRiver Media Center text on MC's title bar and undo the "show spectrum analyzer".

Next disable osd
Tools->Options->Tree & Views->Advanced

dbeipi

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 06:20:58 pm »

Bob, that worked! Song change is nearly instantaneous. Thanks to both of you for the help.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 11:09:09 am »

Bob, that worked! Song change is nearly instantaneous. Thanks to both of you for the help.
Do you know which of the two fixed it?
The spectrum analyzer or the OSD?

dbeipi

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 09:14:02 pm »

Bob, sorry for the delayed reply, I was out of town. I initially disabled both features so I can't tell which made the difference. When I got back home tonight I turned on the spectrum analyzer and checked the Enable OSD box, and the song changing occurred quickly on JRemote with no delays. Curiously, though, when I went into the Id via Windows Remote Desktop Connection, the screen update was very slow. Without any real data, it seems like screen updates on remote desktop are slowest when both OSD and spectrum analyzer are enabled, a little faster with OSD disabled and spectrum analyzer enabled. My remote desktop is connected from Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 via the wifi with the router, Id, and Surface in the same room with loads of signal. It has been difficult for me to remote desktop connect to the Id on wired ethernet. Connecting Windows Explorer to \\Id\InternalStorage using Windows' Map Network Drive has been very hit or miss on one of my 2 Id's and pretty consistent on the other one.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 12:18:02 pm »

Bob, sorry for the delayed reply, I was out of town. I initially disabled both features so I can't tell which made the difference. When I got back home tonight I turned on the spectrum analyzer and checked the Enable OSD box, and the song changing occurred quickly on JRemote with no delays. Curiously, though, when I went into the Id via Windows Remote Desktop Connection, the screen update was very slow. Without any real data, it seems like screen updates on remote desktop are slowest when both OSD and spectrum analyzer are enabled, a little faster with OSD disabled and spectrum analyzer enabled. My remote desktop is connected from Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 via the wifi with the router, Id, and Surface in the same room with loads of signal. It has been difficult for me to remote desktop connect to the Id on wired ethernet. Connecting Windows Explorer to \\Id\InternalStorage using Windows' Map Network Drive has been very hit or miss on one of my 2 Id's and pretty consistent on the other one.
Thanks for the reply.
You don't leave remote desktop running connected to the Id when you are using it do you?
Running headlessly, the MC on the Id starts up in Media Server Mode, iconified and won't display error message boxes when controlled remotely.
It's very odd that you are having trouble connecting with the Windows map network drive. That would seem to indicate a network issue of some sort...
Pages: [1]   Go Up