INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping old busted CDs to FLAC  (Read 2242 times)

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Ripping old busted CDs to FLAC
« on: September 01, 2016, 01:23:13 pm »

I just came across an old cd case that housed all my really old my travel discs back in the day which were treated with extreme prejudice that were scratched and gnarly. I figured I'd finally try to rip what I could to FLAC and finally toss them. I can't believe what secure ripping is able to do! What a joy it's been to be able to rip out this quality from such poor discs. Even when I've been getting errors that seemingly can't be read after the 16th pass attempt they still sound flawless on my PC and in my car so far.  I've only had one disc so far that was completely unreadable. Just wanted to say thanks for such a powerful feature and that I'm kicking myself for not coming back to these discs sooner! Saved me so much cash, get those upgrades folks!  ;)
Thanks!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ripping old busted CDs to FLAC
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 01:52:03 pm »

Neat!

I've ripped a small handful of truly horribly scratched discs using a 3rd party tool.  Some of these took 90 minutes or more to rip, but they all eventually gave me mostly useable results.  On one or maybe 2 CDs I had a song that had a click or a pop in it.  Otherwise, they all worked ok.

Brian.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 03:19:52 pm »

..  Perfect Sound Forever  ..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 07:24:48 pm »

Thanks, Josh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up