INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toggling between view of Library and Current Selection  (Read 2627 times)

cba

• Recent member
Toggling between view of Library and Current Selection
« on: September 01, 2016, 06:09:45 pm »

Hi There. I have JRiver MC (v 21.0.50) and have a question.  After I filter the categories under the Categories and Panes panel to narrow down a choice from the whole library to a single artist, year, or album (etc.), what options do I have to return the panel to displaying the whole library?  And what options for doing this while JRiver is playing a selection?  It seems one way to get back to the library is to use the back arrow on the top left of the Categories and Panes panel, but it seems to take me to the Start window and I need to then click on the Panes view icon on the far left.  Plus, I can’t seem to toggle back to the selection I am playing.  Are there any other options?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Toggling between view of Library and Current Selection
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 10:58:12 am »

In a Panes view there is a "reset selection" button at the top that will deselect everything and return you to an unfiltered view.

With Categories views, pressing the back arrow will take you back through the categories, one at a time.

If you want quick access to Playing Now, you might want to open a separate tab and keep Playing Now in a tab all by itself.  This is what I do; it's very convenient.

Brian.

cba

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 05:02:11 pm »

Thanks very much, blgentry, for the response!

I somehow missed "Reset Selection" button initially - great to see it and make use of it now.

And I appreciate the thought of a separate tab with Playing Now.

The back arrow, however, still reverts back to the Start panel.  Any idea why or how to change this?

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 05:45:26 pm »

In Panes view, the back arrow should take you to the previous view.  If the previous view was the start page, then that makes sense.  The back arrow isn't any kind of reset.  It's like the back arrow in a web browser.

In a categories view, if you drill down into categories, then the back arrow should take you back through the path you took.  For instance, in Artists view, when you drill into an artist, then an album, you should be able to use back to go back to the Artist.

Brian.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 09:47:36 am »

In standard view, I use panes views.  I have one pane for the current library view, one for ripping CDs, one for imports and one for playing now.  It is easy to create a new pane.  Just click on the right most tab (circled in the second screen shot.)  To switch from the library view to the playing now view, click on that Tab.  You don't lose your place in the library view.

cba

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 06:21:03 pm »

Brian, thanks for your reply.  Sorry for my delay in this response.  I had to tinker around, following your descriptions.  I checked out the “Categories” view and see the difference now between the 2.  That really helped, thanks again!

Listener, thanks also for your reply.  That is a great idea and I think I will start using the tab function for just that kind of purpose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up