INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDHomerun Connect not showing in manage divices  (Read 2186 times)

brad-sylvester

• Recent member
HDHomerun Connect not showing in manage divices
« on: September 03, 2016, 04:26:40 pm »

I have two HDHomerun tuners, a Prime (R3) and a Connect (R4).
I was using the R3 with Media Center 22 on a network segment that also has security cameras. Watching TV interfered with the camera recording so I switched to my normal segment that I use for email, browsing , etc.  When I try to setup the tuner on this network (CONNECT F4) the F3 tuner still show up in manage devices even thought I reset the TV in setup.  I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling but still the F3 tuner is listed but not the F4.  Is there someway to clear the F3 tuner and have MC22 recognize the F4? Needless to say scanning does not find any channels.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: HDHomerun Connect not showing in manage divices
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 06:03:13 pm »

I don't know those tuners, but a firewall can block a network tuner.  I believe SiliconDust has instructions.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: HDHomerun Connect not showing in manage divices
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 10:18:14 pm »

HDHomerun Prime is always detected at run time.  If it shows up in MC, it means the device was detected when MC searched on the network.

As for HDHomerun Connect, I am not sure.  If it works similar to the older HDHomerun two-tuner device, it is just a matter of setting up your firewall so MC gets access rights both ways.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up