INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Future TV Show Recordings [Not In Guide Yet]  (Read 2257 times)

J@C

Future TV Show Recordings [Not In Guide Yet]
« on: August 30, 2016, 11:34:46 pm »

Hi All,
I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, maybe it doesn't exist. I'm trying to set up several new recording rules. For shows that don't exist on the guide yet. How do you suggest I do it? Is there a wizard?

What I have done is... Used any show, saved as a new recording then change all the info to meet my needs. Is that how it works? Or is there a better way? Thanks for any info...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Future TV Show Recordings [Not In Guide Yet]
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 07:04:58 am »

Welcome to the forum.  You could record by time.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 08:05:53 am »

What you did was basically the way to go.

For events that is not on guide, we do try filling the time slot with dummy entry "Program info not available".  If you find such entry, you can choose it, and supply the needed program info via "record by time".  If the program even is so far in future there is not event a dummy entry, you can just choose an arbitrary item from the guide and edit info via "record by time".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 05:53:10 pm »

If it is a new series that you want to start recording when it starts airing in the future, a common situation in our home, then you don't need to use a "record by time" rule.

Just do as you have done, and change the search rules, and rename the rule to something more meaningful.

For example, if there was a new series starting in a few weeks called "Castaways", just select any program in the Guide (in Standard View works best for this), subscribe to it, then edit the subscription to change the default recording rules to search for a Series or Name of Castaways, and change the rule name to something like "New Castaways Series". Plus change all the other rule parameters of course.

So basically, yeah, you did it correctly. There is no separate "Create a new blank subscription" function in MC.

If you are just learning how to set up recording rules, make sure you learn about AND / OR rule joining using the different types of brackets, and check out everything in the Edit Rules dialogue. Be aware of the how the "Do not record reruns" (needs the rerun or repeat flag in the EPG data) and "Do not record programs that have been recording in the past" (matches to a set of fields from the EPG which must have values and be unique to work properly) work, and the data they depend on.

There was a lot of discussion in the forum when the new rules functionality was added a while back, and there may even be a Wiki entry.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up