INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld Sync from PC to Id - Delete files not in sync list not working  (Read 1802 times)

pct

I have been successful in setting up a handheld sync from my laptop to my Id. I run into problems when I change the sync settings from "all music" to a "playlist" that contains substantially fewer files. The files on the Id do not get removed.  I have clicked the "Delete from handheld..." and "Resync if date..." options, but that doesn't seem t do the trick.  I have also tried "rebuilding sync list" and that doesn't do it.  What am I missing?

I've attached a screen shot for reference.

PC running Win 7 and MC19
ID running MC20

This seemed like a perfect sync tool, and I've been struggling with it for the better part of the day.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Handheld Sync from Pc to ID - Delete files not in sync list not working
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 07:11:17 am »

Did you try manually deleting the files you don't want?  It might work after that.

Try small groups of files until you find out what is going on.

MC may sometimes be conservative about what it deletes.

pct

Re: Handheld Sync from Pc to ID - Delete files not in sync list not working
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 09:59:00 am »

Well, I came back to it this morning, and it appears that all the files are properly synced.  Maybe it was just taking it's sweet time.  Not sure.  It had clearly told me that sync had completed.  this morning everything looks right.  If I run into more trouble, I'll let you know.  Thanks,
Pages: [1]   Go Up