INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Invalid Registration Code for Media 22 upgrade  (Read 3294 times)

ebrujo50

• Recent member
Invalid Registration Code for Media 22 upgrade
« on: September 06, 2016, 04:44:37 pm »

After waiting all summer for the Media 22 upgrade, the notification of v22.22 finally arrived today. But the Registration Code they sent me three months ago is invalid. Or so the error message tells me. This is part of the reason why I refuse to upgrade from Win 7. I'm getting too old to spend my remaining days on this planet beta testing software for the masters of the universe. I'm quite certain that JRiver will be happy to fix the problem, if I would only send screen shots and system data, then wait a month for them to tell me there is a fix for that bug in the works and to check back after Christmas. Any one else have registration code issues?

elbrujo50

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Invalid Registration Code for Media 22 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 05:33:01 pm »

I'll bet 10 cents that either you don't have MC22 installed or you have entered the Registration code with a typo.  Install MC22 and use copy and paste.

Details are here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

ebrujo50

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 05:53:19 pm »

I wish that were the case. MC22 is installed. The registration screen asks for the new master code. Whether I cut and paste or type the code, neither works. I would uninstall MC20. But I'm worried that I'll be without either version if I do.   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 06:03:27 pm »

Did you try the instructions?

Make sure you're not running MC20 instead of MC22 when you restore your license.

ebrujo50

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 08:19:35 pm »

MC22 has been installed. MC22 icon is on the desktop. Clicked on MC22 icon. Restore license DB opens. Entered registration code exactly as printed (tried both cut and paste and manual entry a couple of time more. Clicked on Restore License. DB opens. 'Error Message: There was an error in restoring that license. We could not find that license.' See any clues here?

ebrujo50

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 08:24:37 pm »

I forgot to mention that now neither MC20 or MC22 will open. Both want restored license codes, but either will open with the master code

ebrujo50

• Recent member
Re: At what point do I escalaate this problem?
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 11:54:22 am »

Uninstalled MC22, then downloaded it again. Re-installed MC22. Entered registration code. Same error message. Still same problem. At what point do I escalate this problem?

ebrujo50

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 12:29:07 pm »

I just downloaded and re-installed MC22 again (third time). But the login says the Trial Period has Expired. And since the restore license CGI won't recognized the registration code, I cannot use MC 22 in the trial period mode either. I see from other posts that a few others are having a similar issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up