INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FIXING ISSUE OF Invalid License when upgrading  (Read 1735 times)

bobinla

FIXING ISSUE OF Invalid License when upgrading
« on: September 07, 2016, 12:39:55 am »

After carefully reading the proper steos to restore a lincense when Upgradingto V.22, I proceded cautiously and double checked tge Registration from when I purchased Master License and checked my original copy with what was the sent to my e-mail adress.  Both matched.  I then first copied and pasted into the window in the program to rrstore licence, and tg
that resulted in gettinganerror message of aninvalid key.   So I entered it manually the next time with thr same result.  EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!

Is this a function of tryingto restore a license to the upgrade before uninstalling JRiver Media Center v.20?  If not, what is causing this, and how does it get fixed?

I am assuming I should be able to install the license using the free trial prior to purchasing the upgrade when the trial expires.  Am I assuming incorrectly?

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: FIXING ISSUE OF Invalid License when upgrading
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 01:31:37 am »

I am assuming I should be able to install the license using the free trial prior to purchasing the upgrade when the trial expires.  Am I assuming incorrectly?

MC22 requires a MC22 licence. The trial version of MC22 will run without any licence for 30 days. It sounds like you're trying to use your MC20 licence on your trial version of MC22.

Use the MC22 trial version for up to 30 days. If you like it then purchase a MC22 upgrade licence and use the new key to turn your trial version of MC22 to a 'full' version.

Note: If you use MC22 as a server your clients must be MC22 also.

Spike
Pages: [1]   Go Up