INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hiding Channels  (Read 3107 times)

slmnow

Hiding Channels
« on: October 18, 2016, 09:39:49 am »

Quote from pinned topic:
 MC uses EPG data to load channels, so it may find more channels than your cable company allows, depending on your subscription level.  You can delete them or hide them after the scan finishes.

Here is the problem.  I have a HDHomeRun PRIME.  I'm subscribe to a 140 channels package but my EPG provider returns data for 556 channels.  That is a lot to edit.  Is there a faster way to hide channels?  In the past I've used HDHomeRun's lineup.xml (http://xxx.xxx.xxx/lineup.xml) output to create scripts to hide channels in SageTV and Win MC but I cannot figure out a way to do this for MC.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Hiding Channels
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 05:22:04 am »

You can create a "Television Stations" view like below. Then sort by channel and you can select a bunch (dozens/hundreds) of stations at the same time and edit (F2) the keywords field to add "Hidden".

See this post on how to set it up - if you don't know:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=90057.0;attach=13778;image

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 04:46:44 pm »

You can also multi select in the settings box (using shift or control - IE: normal windows multi select).  I think iit is Manage Channels in TV Settings.  I do this every time I set up TV.  I hide all the SD channels (below 1000), and anything over 1100 since I don't get them.

Castius

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 11:41:41 pm »

We have all done this. His point is he has the data. We just can't use it easily in JRiver

slmnow

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 05:53:33 pm »

I figured out a simple way of doing this using mc2xml.  I created a simple tool with the code below.  The tool creates a mc2xml.chl file from my HDHomeRun Prime channel list.  The  mc2xml.chl is used to create EPG data for specific channels listed within the mc2xml.chl file. Simply perform fresh TV setup with the modified EPG data and it's done.  Thanks everyone!

static void Main(string[] args)

{
            const RegexOptions options =

RegexOptions.Multiline | RegexOptions.CultureInvariant | RegexOptions.Compiled;

string lineupURL = string.Format("http://{0}/lineup.xml", args[1]);
            string lineupXML = new System.Net.WebClient().DownloadString(lineupURL);
            StringBuilder lineup = new StringBuilder();

//Get a list of all HD Homerun Channels
            foreach (Match lineupMatch in Regex.Matches(lineupXML, "<GuideNumber>(\\d+)</GuideNumber>", options))

{
               string hdhomerunChannel = lineupMatch.Groups[1].Value;
               lineup.AppendLine(String.Format("{0}", hdhomerunChannel));
            }

File.WriteAllText(args[0], lineup.ToString());
        }
Pages: [1]   Go Up