INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Disappear From JRiver 22  (Read 1822 times)

grigorianvlad

Album Disappear From JRiver 22
« on: September 10, 2016, 09:51:37 am »

I've been having a strange problem. Albums have been disappearing from JRiver MC 22. My playlists are created per Artist, meaning there is a playlist for example called "Peter Gabriel" which consists of all of his albums sorted by release date. I can import them just fine, they will be there for a few weeks, then some albums disappear. There is no broken link icon, which means JRiver tries to find the files on disk, but they are not there anymore. Just empty playlist, like someone manually removed them. No errors, nothing. The files are on the disk, I can successfully re-import them.
I am forced to go through all playlists once a month to search for empty playlists and import the deleted songs again. What I noticed is the entire albums disappear, but never individual songs. I am not sure, but I think the entire playlist becomes empty (stripped of all songs), rather than partially.
What is the problem and how do I resolve this? Thanks
 :)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album Disappear From JRiver 22
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 10:04:45 am »

I've seen this before with files located on NAS devices.  Especially when the NAS devices are turned off, or put to sleep periodically.  MC can't see the NAS, so it uses the 'fix broken links' feature to remove the files from it's inventory (library).

You can disable fix broken links:

Tools > Options > Library & Folders > configure auto import > tasks > fix broken links > (No)

If this is the cause, changing that setting should fix it.

Brian.

grigorianvlad

Re: Album Disappear From JRiver 22
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 10:46:16 am »

Thank you very much. I made the change . Hoping for the best  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up