INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client/server issues  (Read 2359 times)

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
Client/server issues
« on: September 10, 2016, 09:06:17 pm »

Whenever I try to connect to the server, and for some reason that computer is in sleep mode, not turned on etc., MC naturally fails to load that library.

BUT, here's the thing, if I have tried to connect to the server computer and failed like this, MC throws a real spazz: the client computer will simply not load the server library unless I 1) turn both computers off 2) boot up the server computer and open MC 3) boot up the client computer and open MC. Seems like a long and roundabout way but that is all that seems to work. Any solutions?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Client/server issues
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 03:58:55 am »

more info would help....such as version of windows on both machines, how are the files saved on the server. are you truly in sleep mode or hibernation? is there a difference?

and of course always use the latest ver of MC from the top of this board
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 10:58:17 am »

I am using Windows 10 on both machines, and the problem occurs whenever I try to connect the client machine to the server after the client machine comes out of sleep mode and MC22 is not open on the server. The only fix is to turn off both machines, boot up the server and start MC, then boot up the client and start MC22. Otherwise I get multiple attempts to connect and eventual 'critical error'. Yes, I know I should always make sure that MC is open on the server first, but I am puzzled by the lengths I have to go to correct this issue.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 03:12:22 pm »

IME, you should just be able to kill and restart the client MC as long as the server is running.
Pages: [1]   Go Up