INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Firebird MIME Settings  (Read 1026 times)

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
Firebird MIME Settings
« on: July 31, 2003, 04:31:49 am »

Hello,

I was wondering what MIME settings/app settings I needed to use for Firebird to get it to automatically pass URLs for MC files to MC.  

i.e. when I go to the plug-in page, it does not automatically bring up MC to start the download.

Has anyone set this up?

Thanks,
Adam

I found the file I think that I have to edit: mimeTypes.rdf

it has contents that look like:
 <RDF:Description about="urn:mimetype:handler:application/msword"
                  NC:alwaysAsk="false"
                  NC:useSystemDefault="true">
   <NC:externalApplication resource="urn:mimetype:externalApplication:application/msword"/>
 </RDF:Description>

kiwi

Re: Firebird MIME Settings
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 04:39:58 am »

It has created this when I told it to "Open the file with MediaCenter":

<RDF:Description about="urn:mimetype:handler:application/x-mediajukebox-mjp"
                  NC:alwaysAsk="false"
                  NC:saveToDisk="false"
                  NC:useSystemDefault="false"
                  NC:handleInternal="false">
   <NC:externalApplication resource="urn:mimetype:externalApplication:application/x-mediajukebox-mjp"/>
 </RDF:Description>

Note: The BB has put some random spaces into the text, they aren't there in the file.

rocketsauce

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 10:12:41 am »

You can download the TTLO (Things They Left Out) extension for Firebird which gives you access to the Helper Applications configuration options (like the one in regular Mozilla). That might be easier than editing the mimeTypes.rdf.

http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/

As for getting Firebird to work with automatic downloads of plug-ins and stuff from the J River website, that might not be possible. On more than one occassion JimH has stated that those features require using IE and are not (and probably never will be) designed to work with any other browsers.

Rob

kiwi

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 12:22:59 pm »

You can download the TTLO (Things They Left Out) extension for Firebird which gives you access to the Helper Applications configuration options (like the one in regular Mozilla). That might be easier than editing the mimeTypes.rdf.

http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/

I'll give that extension a try.

As for getting Firebird to work with automatic downloads of plug-ins and stuff from the J River website, that might not be possible. On more than one occassion JimH has stated that those features require using IE and are not (and probably never will be) designed to work with any other browsers.

I don't know whether that's the case or not, but it was, it would be nice if MC could automatically start IE, instead of the default browser.   Or at least have that option in the config area.  (This is one of those things that would be great if easily done, otherwise, it's not worth taking the time away from other areas.)

Thanks,
kiwi

TimB

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 12:47:31 pm »

I don't know whether that's the case or not, but it was, it would be nice if MC could automatically start IE, instead of the default browser.   Or at least have that option in the config area.  (This is one of those things that would be great if easily done, otherwise, it's not worth taking the time away from other areas.)

Thanks,
kiwi
This would be a great compromise!  It drives me crazy that I have to run IE to get the plugins to plugin.

:)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up