INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie thumbnail Name does not match modified filename  (Read 1282 times)

testos69

Movie thumbnail Name does not match modified filename
« on: September 12, 2016, 09:21:30 am »

I read the Wiki and could not find the exact answer and correction for my problem. Here is my issue… I renamed movie filenames with a batch file, removing a suffix and an underscore .e.g., (old filename = tree_bird.leaves.mp4), to (new filename = tree_bird.mp4). Initiated a refresh via MC Tools>Import (build thumbnails is checked under Media Import). Under Video>Files, the filename shown is correct (new filename = tree_bird.mp4). However the thumbnail text show the old filename, (old filename = tree_bird.leaves.)  I have run import multiple times to see if the thumbnail text would update to reflect the new filename. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for the help!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Movie thumbnail Name does not match modified filename
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 10:15:21 am »

The problem is, you changed file names externally and did not tell MC to change it's pointer file names.  If possible, you should use the Rename, Move, and Copy files tool.  Using RM&C, you can do the renames.  Or, if you've already done the renames (which you have in this case), you can tell MC to UPDATE it's file names.  You just give it the rule you used to rename, and then check the preview pane to make sure it's right.  MC should then use the new names.

Right now, I think your cover art is sort of "orphaned" because you only changed the names of the movie files.  So MC doesn't have the art associated with the files any more.  You could batch rename the image files too if you wanted.  Then do Cover Art > Quick Find and MC should match them up again since they now have the same names.

Or you could run Get Movie and TV info again, and choose only Image for it to download all of the images again.

Brian.

testos69

Re: Movie thumbnail Name does not match modified filename
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 12:55:05 pm »

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the prompt reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up