INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video add ons Video streaming.  (Read 1706 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
Video add ons Video streaming.
« on: September 13, 2016, 09:03:43 am »

Looking for some help and advice. I have searched the forums and Wiki for information on installing video addons or streaming services. like Fox news, Hallmark channel, HGTV, WABC, WNBC, Retrotv, MeTv etc. Is this possible using JRiver MC? I know that Kodi has many addons available but I would like to switch to JRiver but the wife and I use many of these addons to watch older tv shows or to catch up on ones we missed. If this is possible can someone show links or info on where to find these addons or plug ins and how to install.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video add ons Video streaming.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 01:19:53 pm »

Unfortunately, there is no such functionality in MC.  No streaming services and no addons.  It would be great if some Kodi functionality was integrated.

1maynard

• World Citizen
Re: Video add ons Video streaming.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 04:55:21 pm »

Unfortunately, there is no such functionality in MC.  No streaming services and no addons.  It would be great if some Kodi functionality was integrated.

That is what I thought but I wanted to check in case I missed something. I really like many of the JRiver MC features but the wife and I view many of the add on channels during the summer when there is nothing new on and also in the off season. I guess for now we will stick with Kodi until someone comes up with a way to add streaming services. I think it would be a big plus if we could access such services I think it would bring in many new users of JRiver MC. To prevent piracy they could only be added through the JRiver site after approval. What do the developers think? Can this be done? Is it feasible?
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Pages: [1]   Go Up