INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roomie Remote (Simple Control)  (Read 2347 times)

bhampster

• World Citizen
Roomie Remote (Simple Control)
« on: September 17, 2016, 04:55:27 am »

Hi

I use Simple Control (which used to be Roomie Remote) to control my AVR, Projector and lights and I use JRemote to control JRiver.

I have a desire to use only 1 app for HT control so there's 2 directions I can go.

1- Work with JRiver, Simple Control and maybe MCE Controller to try to control JRiver from Simple Control. I'm also willing to get the SDK and try to even code stuff... it wouldn't be easy but I'm fair at programming. SC has a great support of Kodi with media guides and that would be the goal I would want to strive for.

2 - Replace Simple Control and maybe JRemote with something else entirely. All items are IP controlled and maybe something exists that can do it all.

Anyone up for offering advice or is anyone in a similar boat ?

-Brian

horse

• World Citizen
Re: Roomie Remote (Simple Control)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:45:08 pm »

Brian,

I also use Simple Control (previously Roomie Remote, now Legacy :-( ) and control simple aspects of MC using the url options in SC.
Having a Media Guide interface for MC like there is for other programs would be wonderful, although JRemote exposes significantly more options than I've seen in the current media guide. For example how and when tracks are played.

The Media Guides require a subscription to enable them, even if you are not pulling the information from an external source.

Due to the actions of the Simple Control Developer with regard to keep expecting users to purchase a newly named app, and a very closed system, I am now looking for an alternative solution.

Simple Control is now effectively been relegated to a Front End to url's assigned to buttons and launching via url handlers specific apps such as JRemote for better control and some level of integration.

bhampster

• World Citizen
Re: Roomie Remote (Simple Control)
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 09:49:28 am »

Actually,

what you mention (having buttons bring up URLs) may be something I would like to try.

I bought into Roomie Remote so long ago that I have unlimited devices without ever needed the service.

I would need the service for the guide though.. so, as long as they don't offer the guide... I should use URLs from Gizmo I suppose to get my media guides.

I think that's what you refer to... I have to look into this.

-Brian

Pages: [1]   Go Up