INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Channel Guide for added channels  (Read 2455 times)

CHaun

• World Citizen
Channel Guide for added channels
« on: September 17, 2016, 12:51:09 pm »

I'm using the standard ms Rovi to get channel and guide information for my tuners. Unfortunately, there are a couple of HD channels that I have to add manually because they are not automatically added (probably because they are not in Rovi's database). Is there any way to copy the guide listings from the corresponding SD channel lineup to these HD channels?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Channel Guide for added channels
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 01:23:36 pm »

Run "load program guide" manually.  When the channel mapping page shows up, map the newly added channel to a program channel.  See Step 12 of CountryBumkin's guide.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CHaun

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 04:05:00 pm »

Perfect! Thank you!

There's nothing to do but wait on channels that don't have matches for either HD or SD is there?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 05:08:55 pm »

Perfect! Thank you!

There's nothing to do but wait on channels that don't have matches for either HD or SD is there?

If the EPG source does not provide any data for the channel, either SD or HD, then the only way to get the info is to use other methods instead of, or in addition to, the default method.

For example, you can setup over-the-air EPG method (for North American users only for now), and enable the option "In Over-the-air EPG scan (ATSC only), save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs only".  Then you can run both mc2xml and OTA loading modes.  For most channels, you will get the data from mc2xml.  For the channels that mc2xml does not provide data, the OTA scan will provide some data (usually incomplete). 

There are other options, such as third-party XMLTV data. 

CHaun

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 05:20:04 pm »

I'll look into those. It's Frontier Cablecard on a ceton box, so I'm not holding much hope.

Thanks again!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 05:46:52 pm »

OK, ota option is only usable if you are using ATSC tuners.  It does not apply to CableCard tuners.
Pages: [1]   Go Up